Friday 3 August, 2018 | Sydney
8.00am – 9.00am: Registration and breakfast
9.15am: Safety and event briefing
9.30am - 1.30pm: Open race (most laps in 4 hours)
1.30pm: BBQ and awards presentation.
Sydney International Regatta Centre, Gate A, Old Castlereagh Rd, Castlereagh NSW 2749.
Most laps completed in 4 hours on a 5km flat circuit/loop.
Teams of up to 6 riders will be challenged to ride as many laps as possible in 4 hours. A min of 2 team members to be out riding at all times. This is a relay event and riders can alternate via the pit lane at their own discretion.
Who can enter
The event is open to anyone that can ride a bike, you can participate as an individual or a team.
- Teams of up to 6 riders.
If you don’t have a team simply register as an individual. Teams can be formed closer to the event. The choice is yours.
Corporate Team -$3,000
The following are additional benefits a corporate team will receive on top of the standard registration inclusions (see What’s Included below):
- Dedicated team marquee
- Corporate branding on the day
- Social media recognition
- Corporate logo on event web site.
Please note: Up to 6 riders per team.
Individual – $120
As this is a team only event, you will be added to a team by the organisers. Individuals can also form a team of up to 6 riders. See the benefits included in the What’s Included section below.
Are you living with a lung condition?
People living with a lung condition are encouraged to participate in this event and will have complimentary registration.
There is a modest fundraising goal that we please ask you to achieve. These funds will go to support research into lung disease. We request a minimum of $500 per rider be raised through your networks. Each team will be provided with their own fundraising webpage to share amongst your friends, families and colleagues to get them supporting you and sponsoring your effort.
What’s included in your registration?
- Breakfast on arrival
- Cycle Jersey & water bottle
- Day pass insurance
- Organised pit lane set-up, rider support and food & drink
- Timing chips
- Massage therapists will be available to take care of tired riders
- A bike mechanic will be on hand to take care of injured bikes
- Supporter page for fundraising
- Post race lunch and awards presentation
- Incentive prizes
- First aid.
If you’re into the competitive scene, there are lots of prizes up for grabs on the day, including:
- Most number of laps by individual & by team
- Most number of laps by individual male / female
- Fastest lap by individual male / female
- Sprint challenge
- Highest fundraiser – team
- Highest fundraiser – individual
- Best dressed – team
- Best dressed – individual.
Prizes will be awarded to the winners.
What you need to bring
- Road bicycle in good working condition (see below for further information)
- Australian approved bike helmet
- Wet weather gear and a change of clothes
- Specific food and drink you believe will help you through the day.
Bike and insurance
- All type of road / mountain / hybrid / cycle cross / fixed wheel bikes are allowed
- No tri bikes, tri bars or tandems
For non-Cycling Australia members, a silver day pass will be issued upon registration.