A one-of-a-kind team cycling challenge... riding to blow lung disease away!
Teams of up to 6 riders relay around a closed circuit to ride as many laps as possible within 4 hours and raise funds to support the 1 in 4 Australians living with lung disease.Register
Every day, on average, we take more than 22,000 breaths. For some people, just one breath is a challenge.
Lung disease is the second leading cause of death in Australia. Despite this shocking statistic, research into lung disease is significantly under-funded. Funds raised through this event will go directly towards world-class research into the treatment, prevention and cure for lung disease. You can help by supporting a rider.Donate
This unique event provides cycling enthusiasts and groups of friends and colleagues the opportunity to challenge their fitness, or simply have some fun for a good cause.
All you need is a working bicycle plus a helmet, half a day out of the office and the passion to make a real difference in peoples’ lives.
Participants collectively help to raise money to fund life-changing research for people living with a lung disease.
Why be involved?
- Support a worthy cause while getting fit and having fun
- You don’t have to be a cyclist – the event is open to everyone, from lycra clad to those just wanting to have fun
- The cycling track is on a closed circuit so it is safe and off the busy roads
- The half day out the office can count as a community volunteer day
- You can race (there will be professional timing) or just cruise and enjoy the view
- Great prizes are up for grabs
- Enjoy a fantastic day with food, drinks, cheering squad, music, and massages – followed by a celebratory lunch and awards ceremony.
Sponsor a rider
Show your support by helping us to raise funds to support the 1 in 4 Australians living with lung disease.Click here
Anyone can get lung disease. It affects, men, women, children, smokers, ex-smokers and never-smokers.
Lung disease affects 1 in 4 Australians and is the second leading cause of death. Despite the shocking statistics, research into lung disease is significantly low compared to its burden.
Research offers hope and undisputed benefits for people living with a lung disease. By getting involved in Lung Foundation Australia’s Corporate Cycle Challenge, you are helping raise vital funds for world-class research into the treatment, prevention and a cure for lung disease.
There are over 30 types of lung disease
1 in 4 Australians has a lung diseaseAIHW, 2016.
1 in 7 deaths is a result of lung diseaseLung Disease in Australia, 2014, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
More than 50% of all Australians rarely or never think about the health of their lungsGalaxy Research Omnibus, January 2014 (Wave 1)